February 23, 2017 by Julie Hoey
Semester 1 classes start at the Lake Macquarie campus on Wednesday 1 March, and so do full library opening hours:
LAKE MACQUARIE CAMPUS
Monday – Thursday: 8.00am – 10.30pm
Friday: 8.00am – 3.30pm
Sunday: 11.00am – 9.00pm
Monday – Thursday: 8.00am – 8.00pm
Friday: 8.00am – 3.00pm
For full details click here.
November 16, 2016 by Julie Hoey
You asked, we delivered. The Lake Mac campus library now has a Reading Nook, full of light reading for when you need some downtime. It’s located just outside the main doors of the library, with some cozy chairs to keep you comfortable while you make your selection. Take a book, read it, then return it so someone else can enjoy it.
September 12, 2016 by Julie Hoey
Don’t forget to make use of the library services on offer to help you achieve your best. Help with researching assignments, referencing skills and software, and planning and writing assignments is available.
Group training sessions on the Lake Mac campus are available over the next few weeks, with sign-up sheets in the library. Here’s the schedule:
Alternatively, to book an individual session with a reference librarian:
- click here or
- scan the QR code or
- call Tracey 4980 2134 or Julie 4980 2282, (Lake Mac), Michael 9480 3639 (Sydney) or
- Talk to us on Live Chat
Yes—we can do sessions with off-campus students.
Tutors are also available to guide you as you plan, write, and check your assignments. To access the tutoring services click here for hours and more information.
August 25, 2016 by Julie Hoey
Library staff are giving out Café Rejuve vouchers to lucky students (and staff) studying in the library. Congratulations, Olivia, Samantha, and Fine, three recent winners. Enjoy your visit to Cafe Rejuve!
November 10, 2015 by Tracey
A phone & laptop charging station is now available at the Lake Macquarie library opposite the service desk. Charge your device while you study! The library takes no responsibility for loss or damage of devices whilst charging.
November 5, 2015 by Tracey
Online print credit
Great news! You can now buy your own print credit online. Have your EFTPOS card handy and then:
- Visit myprint.avondale.edu.au (at College OR at home!)
- Log in using your login and password
- Select “Add Credit” from left menu—$5 minimum applies
No money until pay day?
- Find an understanding friend or family member with print credit on their card
- Get them to visit myprint.avondale.edu.au
- Log in
- Select “Transfers” from left menu
- Choose how much to transfer, and to whom
- Click “transfer”
August 12, 2015 by Tracey
Book into an Endnote or Zotero session today!
August 11, 2015 by Michelle Down
The library is going through some changes. We hope you like them:
- New photocopiers – swipe your card across the little black box at the top to enter your account
- Return books – just place your books on the pad beside the small screen at the circulation desk. You will see on the screen that your books have been returned
- Food and drink – now allowed in the library but only if it is COLD food. Hot or cold drinks are allowed. Please be thoughtful of others and take care you don’t leave a mess behind
- Renew books and pay library fines at the self-checkout kiosk
- Buy print credit from myprint.avondale.edu.au (minimum $5)
January 12, 2015 by Michelle Down
The library now has an app!
Use the app to:
- Search Primo
- Renew loans
- Find abbreviations for states of America or books of the Bible
- Get help with referencing… and so much more
Download the app and explore it now. Use the QR code below, or visit the iTunes Store and download it from there.
QR Code for Library app
November 12, 2014 by Michelle Down
All newly enrolled students for 2015 and all newly enrolled students from semester 2, 2014, must complete AIM, the Academic Integrity Module in Moodle.
You will find this listed in Moodle along with all your other subjects. If you do not see it there either you have completed the course (it disappears once completed) or you did not need to do it.
If you want to go back to the course at any time you can login as a guest from the Avondale homepage