Concert for a cause

If you attended Madzi for Malawi (Avondale College Seventh-day Adventist Church, October 29), you not only helped provide clean water for six rural villages but also reduced disease prevalence and enabled women to receive an education—they will save more than three hours a day by not having to collect water. The concert, featuring artists such as Billy Otto and sister Sarah Potts (pictured), raised almost $4300 for the building or rehabilitation by the Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) of wells in the district of Salima. Counting the money “brought a smile to my face because I know it’s going to a good cause,” says Brock Goodhill, leader of the five students who organised the concert as part of the unit, Event Management. One of the champions of the cause is Avondale alumna and ADRA Malawi intern Krystle Praestiin. “I have so much,” she says. “Instead of falling into the trap of trying to accumulate more ‘stuff,’ it is my responsibility to use what I have to help others as much as I can.”—Brenton Stacey Credit: Ann Stafford.

Tags: ,