Correspondence

COSMOS: Change Is Coming
Thank you for presenting such a well organised event (“Legacy lives,” Connections Vol 25 No 11). It inspired me. I brought my two girls, who are seven and nine, as part of their development. The only issue I had: the event could have started an hour earlier. My girls and their friend enjoyed the face painting, cupcakes and concert but could barely keep their eyes open.

Isel Rante
wp.avondale.edu.au/news
Reply

Thank you, Isel, for attending the concert with your girls and for your kind words. I brought my children and they struggled to stay awake, too. The organisers discussed the starting time of the concert at length, but because tickets were available for sale at the door, they wanted to wait until the end of Sabbath. The other issue: students and their dinner arrangements. The cafeteria opens only for a short time in the evenings on weekends. If the concert becomes a regular COSMOS event, the starting time will be discussed again, and the organisers will consider your comments.

Bruna Tawake
wp.avondale.edu.au/news
Reply

Venus Transit Festival
Wonderful photo, Lachlan. Thank you for sharing the joys of the night sky that so many of us miss while taking the time for our beauty sleep.

Corinne Knopper
wp.avondale.edu.au/news

Fine Arts Series: Evensong
It’s fair to say Hinsdale Men’s Chorus did not perform at its peak due to illness and general tiredness (“Minor key,” Connections Vol 25 No 10). The performance at Evensong, one of the last on the ensemble’s Australian tour, was the third in less than 24 hours—Wollongong to Parramatta to Cooranbong. And from the perspective of having attended the Sydney Male Choir and The Promise’s concert in the same venue this past Saturday (May 26), I find it amazing that while these ensembles are directed by full-time music professionals, the Hinsdale Men’s Chorus is directed by a practicing dentist without an advanced music degree, with the members of the self-supporting ministry committed to having God use them for His glory, musically and otherwise.

Kym Pullia
wp.avondale.edu.au/news
Reply

Tags: