Guest Writer: Questions

Jeanita Hosea

There is always something in life that doesn’t make sense. Something that is constantly on your doorstep, just waiting for you to open the door and walk right into it. Something you know the consequences of but are curious as to what the experience will be like.

You try hard to stay away from temptation, but there’s an emptiness in your life you are trying desperately to fill. Yeah sure, you hear it all the time. “God is what you’re searching for. He will fill that void.”

But why don’t you pursue it? You try to fill this emptiness with stuff. Music, friends, going out, breaking the rules. Now tell me, once you’ve done all of this, have you filled the void?

You begin questioning. What did I do wrong? Am I missing something? Questions fill your mind. Confusion seeps its way through, and you are left with everything still not making sense.

You want to move forward. You want to do things, you want certain things to happen in your life. You know what to do to get there but you just don’t do it. Why? Is it a lack of motivation? Is it the fact that these things take time and impatience overrules?

Questions!

This is me. I feel guilty, empty, confused, trapped, limited and useless. I see what I want to be, I see what I can be — but look at who I am!

Questions!

This is me, on a journey of discovery. A journey of self-discovery. A friend once told me that sometimes struggles are exactly what we need in our lives. If God allowed us to go through our lives without any obstacles, it would cripple us. God never puts us through anything we can’t handle.

Questions and confusion come and go, but it is up to you; will you settle for that? Or will this journey of discovery lead to better things?

I am on a mission to unlock answers — a mission to make sense out of the confusion, to accept, to think positively, to read scripture, observe, apply and pray with God. This is a mission of discovery.